Pages

dimanche 22 juin 2014

6/21



Woke up really late today. It's good to get sleep, but especially in another country, I couldn't help feeling like I wasted a bit of the day. Had breakfast, then right after ended up going out to lunch with the Pfeiffers…!

To roll with the flow, Aryeh and I hung around Mainz most of the day. We got to go inside the huge Döm and see how it has been rebuilt over time. There are also some contemporary windows and sculptures inside, which I think is really neat. This church, huge as it may be, has allowed itself to change with the people over time. Many historical styles can be seen in the different attributes of it.

During the festival all of the people do this thing where they dunk recent graduates of the Gütenberg school in a huge tub of water. Everyone drinks beer and watches as a large group of men grab them and underwater. It's fun!!

Then we walked around the artist market, but my leg started bothering me, so we headed back afterwards.

However, we came back later to see the Germany vs. Ghana game, which picked up pretty intensely as we started watching the second half. I have to say it ended pretty badly though. I hope the two guys that collided heads are okay….

And lots of cover bands!























Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire